It finally happened! >:D
I'm very very happy to announce that today I was finally able to get the storyboard of my project finished! With that out of the way, I finally have the time to review and finalize all of my plans for this project. After writing up my entire storyboard and then completing a basic outline of my film to go with it, I want to take the time to think about the intended target audience and possible distribution plans could be for my film. I guess this post will be dedicated to looking beyond the production process. :0
| NOTE: I'm trying to figure out a way I can scan my storyboard and put it into a google file, the moment I figure that out I'll update this post and put the complete storyboard for you guys to see! :D |
Since my film is centralized around my experience with grief, then I believe my target audience for my project would be for young-adults (ages 15-25) who are also going through the motions of grief. Even though my project is personal, grief is an experience that is very similar amongst people who are going through it so I think it will still resonate among my target audience. Since my project is an arthouse film that also means that my film is for audiences who enjoy watching experimental movies/shorts. Because my target audience is so specific I'm going to have to consider looking at distribution methods that will be the easiest for them to access... Maybe I can submit my film to arthouse movie festivals and maybe try to share it with counseling groups that work with teens and adults who are grieving. :0
I'm also wondering if I should create a website that provides additional links and resources that can help individuals who are seeking guidance if they are grieving. I don't think that my piece will be able to have a profound impact if it's just about the stages and it does not attempt to provide additional information about things can can help with grief. I guess I'll look into it later but it's definitely something that I am going to think about as I am working on the production of my project.
Speaking of production, this following week I'm going to start producing!! >:D I'm very thrilled to see how it'll go, I guess I'll let you know in the upcoming blog posts, I'll keep you guys posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment